Everybody wants to look younger.
In our culture, aging is viewed with the same contempt as gaining weight.
“Well, she looks good – for her age,” is a common back-handed compliment. And people spend millions of dollars every year on everything from face creams to cosmetic surgeries to fight off the inevitable.
But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to feel and look youthful, if you reach peace with the idea that – you know, let’s admit it – we’re all getting older every day. Your best years are NOT behind you, no matter what your age.
But if you want to keep that youthful glow, here are some pointers.
- Drink plenty of water. There’s nothing better for your skin.
- Don’t smoke, and avoid too much time in the sun, since both dramatically wrinkle the face.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can damage the skin if overused.
- Get plenty of sleep. There’s a reason it’s called “beauty sleep,” after all!
- Moisturize your skin.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
And, hey, if Botox makes you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. Same with coloring your hair or trying a new style. Zero judgement.
The truth is that feeling youthful comes from within! And nothing looks better than living well.
So, laugh often, be kind and forgiving as much as possible, and maintain a positive outlook. Aging gracefully will come to you naturally.
Do you have any practices that keep you feeling younger?