Are you a mom to be? Struggling with low back, hip or pelvic pain during pregnancy? Are you wanting to move more but are unsure what will be safe and effective during pregnancy? Or have you recently had a new baby? Are you concerned about your pelvic floor or core strength? Perhaps you’re concerned about healing while experiencing pelvic, hip or low back pain? Pilates can help!
Pilates during pregnancy focuses on breath, strength, and coordination. As baby grows it’s important to maintain ribcage movement, overall strength, and core support to reduce your pregnancy aches and pains and help speed up your recovery postpartum. Here’s how:
- Gentle, but Effective – After pregnancy, you are truly healing from the inside out. Whether it’s stretched-out stomach muscles from carrying your little bundle, diastasis recti, or pelvic floor issues Pilates is the answer. You can take it at your own pace and still feel all the benefits.
- Core Strengthening – With a focus on breathing and pelvic floor muscle integration you will learn to strengthen the deep core muscles in need of some love after growing a baby.
- Back Strengthening – Does your backache terribly while doing the never-ending job of looking after the kids? Back strengthening goes hand in hand with core conditioning.
- Pelvic Floor Targeted – Very simple & gentle exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor. To help with incontinence, tightness and lack of stability.
- Quick & Easy – I don’t know any mum that isn’t time-poor. 20 to 30 minutes of Pilates is well & truly effective!
- Mental Health – Breath work, self-care, social interaction, laughter and taking time to focus solely on you all contributes to stronger mental health.
”"When I was pregnant, I felt good through my whole pregnancy and was able to move very well the whole time. I continued Pilates after having my baby, and the strength I got back in those months has been amazing and have made me feel better as a mother.”
Looking for specialized and safe exercise during pregnancy and beyond?
Most often we hear momma’s to be that they don’t know where to go in terms of safe exercise during or after pregnancy as well as help dealing with the everyday aches and pains attached to carrying full term, delivery, and healing. They get tied up with appointments for massage and chiro to manage pain when there is a solution that serves both the pain side and the movement side for a healthy pregnancy and recovery.
Strengthening your pelvic floor, abdominals, glutes, inner thighs and back before, during and after pregnancy will go a long way to minimizing and pains during pregnancy and postpartum.
Instead of looking online for a generic program that may or may not actually address your specific issue, our Pilates instructors are trained to work with the body in front of them and develop a program specific to the need of the individual.
Message us to book your specialized consultation for our prenatal and foundations classes.
”“I practice Pilates at To The Core as it is a very friendly environment, the one on one you get in class with having small classes, great instructors, and the friendships made. I have noticed that I am able to move around well and not feel restricted with a baby.”