If you’re like me, then you’re probably always looking for opportunities to get more exercise, or at least more movement, in your daily life. The good news is, we can move more in all kinds of ways every day, without taking a trip to the gym or putting on our running shoes.
Here are a few easy suggestions to move your body more.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Park far from the doors of stores and other buildings you visit.
- Set a timer on your watch to remind you to walk for a few minutes every hour or at least to stand and stretch.
- If you have to sit all day, try using an exercise ball instead of a chair.
- Don’t eat lunch at your desk.
- Play dance music while you’re cleaning the house and have some fun!
- Instead of always driving, can you walk when you go out on errands?
- Can you ride your bike to work instead of driving your car?
Wear a fitness tracker and you’ll be amazed how these kinds of things really add up over a day!
Of course, if you need more support, I’ve got you covered…