This is a great time to go shopping for fall fitness items. We’re into shopping for holiday presents yet. And, let’s face it, you look great in the new colors!
So, with that in mind, here are my “must haves” of the season. Let me know what I’ve missed that’s on your list!
- Layers, Layers, Layers. Exercising this time of year means being prepared for changing temps and weather conditions. You need multiple layers of breathable, moisture-wicking workout gear. Consider making the top layer a lightweight, water-resistance jacket.
- All About That Base. And keep your base layer something versatile and reliable, like compression leggings or tights. They help with circulation, keep you warm, and can be worn at the gym, on the trail, or in the grocery store.
- Don’t Fail Your Feet. If you haven’t had a new pair of exercise shoes since last October, fix that right now. Add in some moisture-wicking socks, too. Footwear is too important to ignore.
- How Many Steps? Some people like a Fitbit. Others swear by their Apple Watch. Whatever device you like, keep track of your steps every day – and do what you can to add to their number, like parking far from buildings and taking the stairs when you can.
- Nighttime Gear. Include a touque, gloves, reflective gear, and maybe even a headlight so you can see and be seen at all times.
If you have a specific activity you enjoy, by all means, freshen up supplies for that, too. Golf balls and tees, tennis balls, swimsuits, gardening gloves… You don’t have to spend a fortune, but even a little retail therapy can put extra pep in your step.
Plus: You deserve it!