I love the fall! It’s such a great time to get outdoors and have some wholesome fun. The temperatures are cooler, the food is comfier, and let’s just agree – we all love cozy fall clothes.
It’s probably no surprise, but my favourite healthy fall activities revolve around the changing leaves. I never get tired of seeing all the colours, whether I’m biking through the park; walking at the lake; or driving to see family for the holidays.
Here are some other ways to enjoy the season:
- Cook with pumpkin, cinnamon, apple and other autumn flavours. Enjoy your classic recipes – and try a new one at least once a week to expand your repertoire!
- Farmers markets are busting with fresh options right now.
- Exercise outdoors. In addition to biking, running and hiking, you can get the family outside for touch football. If you live near a body of water, bundle up and enjoy a walk along the beach.
- Look for annual activities in your area like pumpkin patches, fall festivals, and apple-picking orchards.
- Sign up for a local 5K or 10K race.
- Read or meditate outside for a nice, healthy dose of sunshine and fresh air.
- Volunteer for a favourite charity or cause.
After a hot summer and before the cold winter, make the most of the warmth of fall. Sunshine! Colours! Crisp air!
Go out and enjoy it all!