What’s the most important month for personal health and wellness?
If you answered January, you made an easy mistake. Most people think about New Year’s Resolutions to start moving and eating better.
But the real answer is: September. We’re entering the period – between now and the end of the year – when you still have time to meet your goals for 2021, and when you can make some moves that will determine the probability of your long-term success.
Let’s get you ready to go and set with these fun facts about fall – and some points on making the most of it.
- There’s still plenty in the morning and evenings to go for a bike ride, run, or a walk, and it’s not so cold yet that you’ll be discouraged.
- Plan ahead. Enter your workouts on your schedule. Meal prep for a few days or a week. Organize your stuff each night for the next day.
- Watch the changing leaves. September brings opportunities to reflect, as we transition from summer into autumn. So, take a moment to appreciate your surroundings, be grateful, and give yourself some encouragement.
- Hold onto your values. Remember why you started, and why you want to make changes. Is it to express self-care? To get off the ground easier, have more energy, move better, or feel better? Whatever it is, keep that motivation top of mind.
- It’s a jump start. While others are putting it off until January, you can be continuing to work toward your current goals – and already be planning all the ways you’re going to kill it in 2022!
- Get involved. September is Healthy Aging Month and National Women’s Health and Fitness Day.
- Act like a kid. We used to start the new school year after Labor Day, so get excited for new habits in September just like you did about seeing classmates and meeting new teachers.
I hope you take these weeks to set yourself up for success in the rest of 2021. But don’t forget that stumbles are part of the process – and you’ve got to enjoy the journey.
I know you can do it!
If you’ve been waiting for the right time to get moving more and face the fear of starting an exercise program again then now is the perfect time.
If you’ve been in pain for awhile and it isn’t getting better and you’re ready to get out of the cycle of appointment after appointment then you need a change.
The first step is a phone call and then moving better is only a few short weeks away.
Start enjoying life more once you move more.
Start enjoying time with the kids and the ability to do more activities.
Stop being afraid of moving and start now – our classes are designed just for you!