Job Summary: We are continuing to build our dynamic, dedicated group of fitness professionals and are currently seeking Personal Trainers/Pilates Instructors to add to our team. We are seeking Instructors to provide exceptional group class and private instruction using a hybrid approach of Pilates with superior fitness instruction, while always ensuring a safe environment for our post rehab clientele.
Who we are: At To The Core Pilates we are an integrated multidisciplinary team who seek to change individual’s bodies and mind sets to help to improve their lives. We work with other health professionals to treat the whole person and create programming that significantly improves our client’s quality of life. If you are in love with Pilates, are people-focused, energetic, proactive, love to learn, inspiring, and dedicated to full body wellness then you’ll make a great long term addition to our team. We currently have a 2300 sq. ft. space in Lloydminster, Alberta and are the only full service Pilates studio in the area.
Our core beliefs:
- We believe quality of life is essential for our clients and ourselves.
- We believe professional service is enhanced by education and expertise.
- We are committed to a service of honesty and integrity.
- We are committed to helping others in our community.
- We are passionate about helping others succeed in their wellness goals.
If what you read above feels like we are talking directly to you, then we’d love to hear from you about our Pilates Instructor position. We want team members who live and breathe our approach. The qualified candidate would be working in partnership with certified personal trainers, registered massage therapists, chiropractors, physiotherapists and other certified Pilates instructors. Together, the goal of the team is to provide quality care for clientele and develop a collaborative care plan for optimal client results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Instructors are expected to plan classes based on physical ability of clients while taking into account their individual health histories.
- Must be able to effectively explain and demonstrate proper technique for each individual exercise
- Must be able to identify incorrect exercises and correct them in a positive way
- Able to create positive relationships with members and provide a high-energy and fun class experience
- Execute various fitness routines in a group setting
- Training all ages and fitness levels
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Promote classes to clients
- Keep accurate attendance records
- Proven track record of punctuality
- Refer to other team services as appropriate
- Deliver comprehensive class programs for all ability levels
- Arrive 15 minutes early and remain 15 after classes to answer client questions/concerns
- Ability to modify exercises within a class
- Motivate and inspire clients to get results
- Provide hospitality to all clients
Qualifications and Skills
- Certification (includes Matwork, Reformer, + Cadillac, rehab, Injuries & Special Populations)
- Minimum education: Mat/Reformer
- Strong knowledge and understanding of anatomy and human movement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience teaching a wide variety of clientele
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrated experience as a team player
- High degree of motivation
- Able to work early mornings and/or evenings as well as split shifts
- Hour blocking: 1-6 hour consecutive work shifts for exceptional candidates
- Instructor retention program – continuing education bonus
- Internal continuing education and mentorship
- Wage increases with continuing education
- Unlimited use of studio facilities for personal workouts
- Free parking
Job Type: Part-time (up to 30 hours per week
Number of Positions: 3
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
Job Location: Lloydminster, Alberta
Required license or certification: Certifcations in Pilates, CPR, insurance, CSEP-CPT or ACSM
Apply to: email@example.com